The villa is the central building of a complex of three set symmetrically in a C shape. The two side buildings initially formed the kitchens and stables. In 1799 the entire complex was purchased and renovated by the the Dukes Massari, a noble family of bankers and landowners who already owned Palazzo Massari in Ferrara. At the end of the nineteenth century Duke Galeazzo Massari transformed the stables into a theater, so that his wife, the famous Verdi singer Maria Waldman, could perform there privately.
Since 1986 the villa and the park are owned by the Mazzoni family, who commissioned the recent conservative restoration.
Villa Massari is easily accessible from both Ferrara and other cities thanks to its proximity to the highway. The location is available to host events, weddings, ceremonies, private parties, and meetings. The beautiful rooms on the ground floor of the villa, equipped with heating and air conditioning, guarantee a prestigious setting even in case of bad weather.
Villa Massari is located a few km from Ferrara, and it is also easily reachable from Bologna, Ravenna and Rovigo thanks to its proximity to the Ferrara-Portogaribaldi highway.